Hey Everyone! There is a lot of false or confusing information out there in the media everyday... Do you want some real info on what the cleanest, most effective wellness trends are?!
Awesome! Knowledge is power, but we want the truth too right?!
Here are some of the 2017 winter wellness trends to be all about:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar! Love this stuff, it's the star of my best seller Fighter Cider, but also on its own it's some really great stuff. ACV dates back to around 3000 BC and this magical liquid has extreme health benefits that include: blood sugar balancing, improving cholesterol levels, lowering blood pressure, weight loss, detoxification, aiding in digestion, and anti-fungal. Also a great household cleaner (I use white vinegar and water mixed with Medieval Merchants essential oil blend in a spray bottle for my multipurpose cleaner)
2. Bone Broth. This is made by boiling the (organic) bones from any animal with vegetables and spices. It's pretty simple to make and it is packed with vitamins, minerals and proteins. Benefits include stronger bones, reduction in inflammation and joint pain, and healthy digestion. You can also now buy bone broth already made, although homemade is always best! Grass fed Gelatin is another great source of amino acids, which support a healthy mood, strong bones, smooth skin and proper muscle synthesis. Homemade healthy jell-o is super easy to make but remember not all gelatin is created equal - grass fed to avoid all those hormones, antibiotics and GMO products.
3. Probiotics. Digestive health is super important and also becoming more of an issue with people's diets being poor. Gut health affects our immune system function as well as digestion, so it is very important to be taking probiotics daily!
4. Superfoods! Chia, Goji, Cacao, Moringa, Camu Camu, Maca, Spirulina, Quinoa, Kale...they are taking over!!! Superfoods are foods which have a high content of vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants. Make sure you have some superfoods each day!
5. Nutritional Yeast. The antiviral, antibacterial, immune boosting superfood condiment. This amazing stuff is a complete protein and packed with B-complex vitamins. Contains folates, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, selenium and zinc. It's low in sodium and fat, gluten free and has no added sugars or preservatives. It is often used as a cheese substitute for vegans, I use it with my eggs and vegetables every morning (add while cooking mixing it in), soups and pasta sauce. It's also good on popcorn with some cayenne pepper.
6. Activated Charcoal. I first heard about this back in high school when someone had to get their stomach pumped from too much alcohol 😱, now i know that it has been used in hospitals as an effective treatment for poisoning and such overdoses. Activated means that the coal has been heated to increase its absorptive power which increase the rate at which molecules bind to the surface. Thus, activated charcoal is great at trapping chemicals, dirt, oil, and absorbing 1,000 times its own weight in moisture. This is one of the ingredients in my tooth powder that will be soon available for purchase, as it is a natural tooth whitener.